[Web Comm] Focus

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Jun 29 21:32:46 PDT 2006

This is what I had in mind for the project info pages:

https://www.osgeo.org/content/projects/mapbender.html <https://www.osgeo.org/content/projects/mapbender.html>

Feedback?  (other than bawling me out for using <font> tags... )

I'll get the other flyers/fliers/flowers up sometime over the weekend, taking into account any feedback.  As we develop the other pages, we'll interlink them (in a "Works with..." section, a "Case Studies section", etc...)

I'd really like to see something done about the domains and look/feel.  Can we either:

 - Not require that projects have a presence under the osgeo.org domain structure or

 - Figure out how to delegate these subdomains to the individual projects so they can continue with their current infrastructure?

A lot of these projects have strong and distinctive web presences in place; I feel that requiring them to toe the line is unreasonable.  OSGeo is here to promote these projects, not subjugate them. ;)

Jason