[OSGeo-Board] Board Nomination email (please review)

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 09:27:28 PST 2006

On 3/3/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > +1 for both from Markus
> >
> > I thought we *first* get the press release out
> > and the web site updated, then establish the voting process
> > and go for this. Going too fast doesn't make sense.
>
> Markus,
>
> I thought we had already approved Chris' proposal for a board
> voting process at the last board meeting.  Assuming this is the
> case, at most we are doing a few tweaks now.
>
> I would add that I *am* eager to get to the full board membership.
> While I am willing to get stuff done now with the partial board
> in order to keep things moving, I would prefer to have the legitimacy
> of the full board as soon as possible.
>
> It would seem wrong for us to essentially peg everything down,
> and then bring in four more board members who are essentially unable
> to have a say in the core ideas of the foundation.
>
> I would add that going slow doesn't necessarily meaning doing a significantly
> better job than going fast.

I vote for going fast, but not hasty. I think that the membership
process should be clear at least (I currently don't know if the elected
members where contacted, did accept etc). The main web site
still says "Voting for Foundation Members in Progress"...

My suggestion is to use energy to get that settled first, then go on
for next elections.

Markus