[OSGeo-Board] Board Nomination email (please review)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 3 10:16:52 PST 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> I vote for going fast, but not hasty. I think that the membership
> process should be clear at least (I currently don't know if the elected
> members where contacted, did accept etc).

Markus,

I have no reason to believe they have been contacted post-vote, but
the intent was that their nominator contact them before nominating.

 > The main web site
> still says "Voting for Foundation Members in Progress"...

Well that is a problem.  I am hoping WebCOM will take more initiative
to keep the primary website "current" without detailed direction from
the board.  Daniel?

/me writes email to WebCOM threatening to ask to join their committee
if they don't hustle.

To contact people I would like a full membership list with contact
info.  (Screw lat/long coordinates, if we can't even collect a list of
email address for members!)  Where will this list live?  If we have
some missing contact info we fill it out.  Should I just start it in the
wiki?  Would the secretary be responsible for holding this in the long
term?