[OSGeo-Board] Board Nomination email (please review)

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:21:37 PST 2006

Frank,

On 3/3/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > I vote for going fast, but not hasty. I think that the membership
> > process should be clear at least (I currently don't know if the elected
> > members where contacted, did accept etc).
>
> Markus,
>
> I have no reason to believe they have been contacted post-vote, but
> the intent was that their nominator contact them before nominating.

Sure. But a sort of welcome letter would be cool. Maybe that's done
already and I am simply not up to date (sorry then).

>  > The main web site
> > still says "Voting for Foundation Members in Progress"...
>
> Well that is a problem.  I am hoping WebCOM will take more initiative
> to keep the primary website "current" without detailed direction from
> the board.  Daniel?

Personally I would appreciate fast updating of the Web site, it's
lagging often behind.

> /me writes email to WebCOM threatening to ask to join their committee
> if they don't hustle.
>
> To contact people I would like a full membership list with contact
> info.  (Screw lat/long coordinates, if we can't even collect a list of
> email address for members!)  Where will this list live?  If we have
> some missing contact info we fill it out.  Should I just start it in the
> wiki?  Would the secretary be responsible for holding this in the long
> term?

The easiest thing is to do it now in the Wiki (instead of programming
a nice PHP or whatever form), Could be written into the "welcome to
OSGeo" letter if not sent already.

Markus