[OSGeo-Board] opening and organizing

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Tue Mar 7 08:29:49 PST 2006

Frank wrote:

"Well, I would suggest that ADSK peer companies are not the most natural
targets for sponsorship.

Instead, I think the most natural "target" are
organizations already substantially invested in use of foundation projects."

This makes sense, though when I look at the companies you mention, they are in a place in the market ecosystem that looks to me to be companies for which OS threatens their livelihood.

The consulting services idea is a good one. I'd be interested in estimating what kind of sponsorship/donation these have done in the aggregate. How can we best do that?

"I would add I have already felt out a few of my clients, and they were
positive about sponsorship.  As always, just how much can be collected is
unclear.  My first $25K should be easy."

Very helpful. In these conversations what was said to them as to why they should do it?