[OSGeo-Board] opening and organizing

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Tue Mar 7 08:53:14 PST 2006

A couple other groups to think about are NGO's, like the UN, or specific
divisions of the UN.  Jeroen can keep us posted on the possibilities for
this, but it seems like he might be able to make a good case to them.
Open source is now I think officially recommended to member countries,
as is good GIS, so they could be interested in supporting.

Another is academia.  ITC springs to mind instantly.  There's
http://52north.org, which I think university of Munster is also involved
in.  I imagine they'd go for lower sponsership rungs, but that the PR
value could be of benefit to them, in addition to helping support a
number of packages they depend on.

Chris

--
Chris Holmes