[OSGeo-Board] opening and organizing

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 7 11:46:48 PST 2006

Gary Lang wrote:
> As I asked yesterday, if folks would send me a list of the things they're
 > working on, it'd be great.

Gary,

Man, I feel like I've spent a significant amount of my day responding
to the "3 big questions" in one short email from you!

I'm working on:

1) Incubation
    - Getting representatives from each project.
    - getting feedback on the draft contributor agreements.
    - starting discussions of how to pursue IP review.
    - Need to continue work on drafting incubation policy for board approval.
    - Need to hold a formative meeting.

2) Fundraising
    - Written up some documents
    - I have recruited EdM to review docs and participate in committee.
    - Need to prepare motion to form for consideration at Friday meeting.
    - feeling out a few potential sponsors.

3) WebCom
    - I'm not a member, but I've tried to provide them with feedback and a bit
      of encouragement.

4) Membership
    - completed membership elections.
    - Need to send a welcome message to members list.
    - MPG, myself and a few others have been trying to draft a wiki page
      defining membership levels, responsibilities and rights for proposal to
      the board.  I would say this is still pretty early draft.