Chair for OSGeo Core Curriculum & Education project?

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 12:08:05 PST 2006

Hi Tyler,

[not sure of your mail reached the board list, it is below anyway]

The idea to make it a committee isn't that new (and a committee
needs a chair). Since March 14 I posted to you and others. While we
got eccelent ideas back, there wasn't much about leading the efforts
(maybe people expected me to chair, I don't know).
Then I approached two people personally in the last days but they declined,
then posted to the group. Ari answered, saying that he would not be
available, Puneet answered that he would be available.

In the beginning of the board meeting today I reported that I tried
to find a chair and that we had a volunteer so far. I asked if this
person was known and several participants of the meeting gave
positive feedback. I received also signals to go ahead with the
motion (or interpreted it at least as such). The motion was the last
agenda item, I didn't get any more comments so far (evening in
Europe meanwhile).

I accept that I should have posted the *explicite* call for chair
earlier. I also think that we should not be too hasty. But the
original project page is in place since 16 February 2006 with
the statement that a chair is needed.

So, open for further discussion!

Thanks for your valuable comment, Tyler.

Markus