Chair for OSGeo Core Curriculum & Education project?

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 25 10:42:03 PST 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 12:08, Markus Neteler wrote:
> In the beginning of the board meeting today I reported that I tried
> to find a chair and that we had a volunteer so far. I asked if this
> person was known and several participants of the meeting gave
> positive feedback. I received also signals to go ahead with the
> motion (or interpreted it at least as such). The motion was the last
> agenda item, I didn't get any more comments so far (evening in
> Europe meanwhile).

> I accept that I should have posted the *explicite* call for chair
> earlier. I also think that we should not be too hasty. But the
> original project page is in place since 16 February 2006 with
> the statement that a chair is needed.

Thanks for responding Markus,
I understand the need to get something moving.  I do appreciate that you made
the call public - that was good.  I had been assuming that you were going to
chair the committee, as a rep from the board it would make sense.  I'm happy
to work with the decisions so far, but just wanted to make my voice heard re:
what I think was a bit hasty.  Thanks for explaining your reasoning.

I get a sense that the board is trying to move at a breakneck pace when, it
might help to slow down and focus on a couple key projects.  Am I right?  I
believe there needs to be a focus on building relationships and community -
even at the expense of looking productive.  But that's just my opinion as an
'observer'.  I hope it helps in some way.

Tyler
--------
My Blog -- http://spatialguru.com