Chair nominations etc

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:30:16 PST 2006

Hi board,

driven by Tyler's remarks I have two general question (maybe I
should know but I don't, at least not at this time of the day).

Question 1:
 We have defined chairs for the current committees.
 Are the chair reelected after some time (some months from now or so)?
 If so, by the committee members?
 Comment: After some time everybody will have a clear picture what's
 going on and who is who.

Question 2:
 How are the current committees populated with members? Is it open
 forever and people just join as they like (aka enter their name in the
 Wiki and/or subscribe to the list)?

The second question is caused by the fact that people still add themselves
onto the Wiki *project* pages, not the *committee* pages (see geodata and
education and maybe also others. I assume that the chairs have to follow up
on this and probably substitute the Wiki section "Individuals" by a phrase
"please subscribe to ... " or whatever is the answer of question 2.

Thanks,

 Markus