[OSGeo-Board] localization of OSGEO website for China

Daniel Brookshier dbrookshier at collab.net
Wed May 31 19:40:59 PDT 2006

Hi Kevin,

Yes, speaking for the web committee, we would love to have the
translation help. We would love your help the the OSGeo.org web pages
and of course with the http://mapguide.osgeo.org project pages. The
same is true for other projects, but you would need to contact those
persons directly (project owners of the projects).

Participating on the www.osgeo.org site is simple, just supply your
translations for each of the elements and we will start the process
of adding the pages. After we get a clean implementation, I'll let
you manage the specific pages for your language. I've included
DomainHome.html.html which is the center of the page. The other
elements are a bit more complicated, so I just need your translations
and they will be converted. Pages off the home page, please convert
at your leisure and send them to dev at webcommittee.osgeo.org. Or if
you are willing, I can set you up to make the changes directly.

For the MapGuide project, things are a little simpler. The primary
page is index.html. Just translate this and I'll host it so that it
will show up in a Chinese browser. For more industrious work on
documents, please contact Bob Bray at robert.bray at autodesk.com and
talk to him about what you want to do. Bob will need to make the
decision on if we create a sub-project for most bulk of the
translations or if he wants you to work in the main repository. We
are doing something similar for Japan.

Daniel Brookshier | Community Manager | CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Blvd. Suite 600 | Brisbane, CA 94005 | USA
O 972.422.5261 | C 214.207.6614 | dbrookshier at collab.net