Office Expenses - Please Review

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 7 09:57:25 PST 2006

Hi all,
As discussed at the last board meeting, I was to deliver a quarterly
estimated cost for running my office.  I've reviewed a few different
options for getting set up with proper communication and office
tools.  I am not yet sure how many minutes or how much long distance
charges, etc. to expect, so I'll start with some lower cost plans and
adjust accordingly in the future.  For the meantime, I've included
$100/month as discretionary so that I do not have to keep coming back
for unknown minor expenses that might come up.

Where purchasing hardware is involved (e.g. phones, PC), I don't mind
paying for it myself so that I own it, have flexibility and OSGeo
doesn't have to worry about paying for equipment, only services.  I
will also use my personal broadband account, since I will have it
anyway.

Startup costs - one time:
   VOIP Service	$40
   Cell Service	$35
   Supplies		$25

Quarterly costs:
   VOIP Service	$120
   Cell Service	$250
   Postal Box	$60
   Supplies		$60
   Discretionary 	$300

In rough figures, I estimate that I will need $800 per quarter, plus
$100 to start-up.  Final costs will vary depending on need, final
sale prices or deals of the day.

Once I have some general consensus on this from you I will go ahead
and initiate some of the services.  If there are any items missing
that you think I should be including, please let me know.  Does this
look reasonable?

Tyler