[OSGeo-Board] Re: [VisCom] Re: OSGeo logo on business cards and other printed materials

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:31:59 PST 2006

Mark Lucas wrote:
> Yes, but we aren't talking about translation of the brand.  It would be
> translation of the qualifier (member, supporter, local chapter)
> The goal is communication so it would make sense to translate that part
> of it.

Yes adding a translation was what I meant too.
Adding a translation in the local language to
make clear what the OSGeo logo represents to
the local audience. For example, the png file
attached includes a qualifier that is a translation
of "Open Source Geospatial Foundation" (it reads Open
Source Chiri(Geo) Kuukan (Spatial) Zaidan (Foundation)
on the first line and "Japan Chapter"
(Nihon Shibu(Branch/Chapter)) on the second line.

Kind regards

Venka