[OSGeo-Board] Re: GIS Development in Africa

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Oct 26 16:13:40 PDT 2006

Hi Sanjay,

Sorry for the delay in my reply

Sanjay Kumar wrote:
> Hi Venkatesh
>
> Any update on OSGEO representative at Map Africa. Conference is
> scheduled on
> 20-22 November and shall have a panel discussion on Open Source and
> Interoperability.

I am not sure yet if some from OSGeo has decides to
be at the panel discussion at Map Africa.

You you also ask Prof. P.S. Roy (NRSA, Hyderabad) who is VP, OSGeo
and Representative of OSGeo India Chapter.

Hope there will be some OSGeo promotion at Map Africa.
I will not be able to be there but am looking forward
to being at Map World Forum.

About another matter. Could you consider giving a
one-page add for the GIS-IDEAS 2006 proceedings.
The details are available at

http://wgrass.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/gisideas06/sponsor.html
300US$ for one-page b&w. GIS Development is a "Media Partner"
for GIS-IDEAS 2006. If you decide to give the ad. pl. send
camera-ready PDF to Dr. Duan, Local Coordinator, GIS-IDEAS
2006.

Regards

Venkatesh