[OSGeo-board-priv] FW: New role requested in the board project

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Sat Oct 28 01:47:02 PDT 2006

Hi,
following up on Venka's suggestion this list of requests for projects
would be more helpful in the Wiki. Would it be possible to suggest to (at
least some of) the proposers of the projects to continue advertizing their
projects in the Wiki? We should have their email addresses?
As an example: I got to know Chris Puttick, he was at FOSS4G and got all
enthusiastic. They have already started an archaeology interest group in
the Wiki which is just fine. They thought that the more formal process to
start a local chapter would be to request for a project hence they did.
The result (uk) now got stuck in below list and I do not know whether it
has been further processed.

Regards, Arnulf.

>> For now, this is the current list of proposed projects:
>>
>> Project     Proposed by     Summary
>> -
>> osgplanet   mlucas17        3D Geospatial visualization
>> new         kedr71          kedr71
>> cirtel      servant         CirTel
>> navla-1     wchou           Improve Mapguide Studio Performance
>> latihan     dendi           BELAJAR
>> mapgoodies  glok            Map manipulation and rendering where do the
>> maps go within
>> sld         gpagan          MapGuide Open Source Support to Style Layer
>> Descriptors
>> m7          ji              ????????mapguide7.0
>> metoc       jcontrer        WEB DE METEOROLOGIA Y OCEANOGRAFIA DEL
>> CARIBE
>> australia   stivo           Australian OSGEO chapter
>> chengdu     dk              about chengdu
>> eastcoast   wellstone       New York Chaptor of OSGeo
>> sight       leason          ????,????,????
>> grids       andyt           2D square celled raster data java for
>> geographical analysis
>> iberica     joan            Iniciativas en Portugues, Galego,
>> Castellano, Catala, Euskara
>> latam       jomejia         Latam OSGeo Chapter
>> testfer     ferht           Proyecto Inicial
>> yk          yk0203          ??
>> mapsnack    sumbera         Geospatial appliance
>> kendallcountyillinois   cadandy10   Kendall County Illinois
>> liteincom   victor1966rus   Cheliabinsk_maping
>> queensland-au   ags         Sharing and spread of Open-source GIS in Qld
>> Australia @ OSGeo
>> vitcomz     vitcomz         Find Local resources for local User
>> litak2000   szady           Churches in Poland (XVIII century)
>> francophone cphilipona      Groupe OSGeo francophone
>> uk          chrisputtick    UK Local Chapter
>> mapworld    zhangboy        ????
>>

> .... lots of mysterious stuff there. I think that Frank's suggestion
> to hide it completely is a good idea.
>
> Markus

Arnulf Christl
http://www.ccgis.de