[OSGeo-Board] Re: [Web Comm] RE: [OSGeo-Board] Service Provider Directory

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Wed Sep 27 09:03:24 PDT 2006

Frank wrote:

> In my not-so-humble opinion, we should not be applying a
> "open source enough"
> test to entries.  We will presumably only list technologies
> for them to
> select from that have at least some tangential applicability
> to our space.
> If any organizations wants to identify as having expertise
> then they can be
> listed.  This is why I'm not keen on a "supports osgeo's
> mission and goals"
> proviso.

I'll reiterate (and then shut up about) the idea of making entry on the
Service Provider Directory be contigent on the organization ack'ing that
they "support OSGeo's goals".  If someone can't even tacitly agree with
OSGeo's mission statement, why would we give them any pixels on our
domain at all?

-mpg