[Board] Fwd: [FOSS4G2007] Fwd: informations needed

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Apr 16 13:07:34 PDT 2007

Nod, Paul thanks for the nudge and Arnulf thanks for the response.
This kind of issue came up last year, when it was way too late to do
anything about it...

And yes, if the Foundation had the means to offer support directly it
would turn into a lottery or a first-come thing and be perceptibly
unfair. This is no reason to do nothing. If OSGeo could act as a
broker between sponsoring organisations and individuals...

Is this the sort of thing the conference committee wants to think
about, or work on directly? E.g. if general agreement that a support
structure for travel/accoms/entrance concessions is a good idea, who
would take responsibility for it? Could this almost be treated like
the Google SoC programme with some of the same side-effects?

Geh, i am looking for sponsorship to get to Canada myself, but also
trying to scope out other potential support networks and individual
orgs rather than hitting up the resource-scarce foundation directly :)