[Board] Welcome to the Board

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 7 21:12:01 PDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> On 7-Aug-07, at 3:08 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> I'd appreciate it if you could all subscribe to the board mailing list:

> I've checked and they are all now subscribed.  I will add them also to
> the private mailing list too.
>
> We never set a date for the changeover of the board - should we just
> consider it done, or plan to kick it off at FOSS4G?  It would fit in
> nicely to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) agenda.  It is an important
> event that is great to have the larger membership in attendance,
> especially for the outgoing members who may be present - it gives those
> present a good opportunity to say thanks.
>
> I'm just thinking of the other non profits I've seen use the AGM as the
> key annual date for changing directors, etc.   Of course there is
> nothing stopping the new board from getting started now, but I thought
> I'd at least bring up the idea.

Tyler,

I feel like the new board should be considered in-effect now.  I'd certainly
feel peculiar making board decisions without the new board members at this
point.

I do agree that we need to thank past board members for their service at the
AGM and introduce the new board to the membership.

How do others feel?