[Board] Welcome to the Board

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 7 15:52:02 PDT 2007

On 7-Aug-07, at 3:08 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I'd appreciate it if you could all subscribe to the board mailing
> list:

I've checked and they are all now subscribed.  I will add them also
to the private mailing list too.

We never set a date for the changeover of the board - should we just
consider it done, or plan to kick it off at FOSS4G?  It would fit in
nicely to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) agenda.  It is an
important event that is great to have the larger membership in
attendance, especially for the outgoing members who may be present -
it gives those present a good opportunity to say thanks.

I'm just thinking of the other non profits I've seen use the AGM as
the key annual date for changing directors, etc.   Of course there is
nothing stopping the new board from getting started now, but I
thought I'd at least bring up the idea.

Tyler