[Board] Meeting Friday

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Dec 5 20:21:12 PST 2007

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just made one final change to the budget to remove 5k or the marketing
> budget originally agreed for 2008 that will be spent this year.
>
> Apart from that - we've reviewed the budget, and are ready to present to
> the board for final discussion and approval at Friday's meeting.

Dave,

Ah, that's great news.

Are there any details available on what the $8K for accounting/financial
services would be for?  Does that include an "outside audit"?  Does that
include part time accounting services?

Do we have any details on the $10K for "improve osgeo web site"?  Has
this been discussed with webcom?

I don't have any problem with the budget amounts, but I do feel, for
the web stuff, that the committee in question should be involved in
planning a bit so the money lines up with something they want/plan to
do.

The budget also makes it clear that the conference is the "elephant in
the room" budgeting wise. :-)