[Board] Sponsorship funding and value for money

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Dec 17 11:40:50 PST 2007

A slight rewording:

On 17-Dec-07, at 2:34 PM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:

> One thing is clear, if we want a Foundation that will continue to
> have an ED to run it's day to day affairs -- we need to get "Beyond
> Autodesk" as a majority source of operational funding for the
> organization. That will mean as Jo pointed out, a concerted effort
> - led by Tyler (probably in the range of about 20% of this time)
> dedicated to fundraising. We at the board have to support this
> effort -- but none of us can put in the dedicated time that is
> necessary to make this effort successful.

I meant to say "none of us can dedicate an equivalent time to what
the ED could devote to this effort in order to make it successful".

I and hopefully others will be happy to mentor and support this
effort (fundraising does have some overlaps with marketing and sales
after all) but Tyler - we need you to be the owner of the initiative,
or it will slip through the cracks again this year, and that is a
risky proposition for the organization.

Dave