[Board] conference naming?

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Mon Feb 5 03:38:10 PST 2007

I see.

I don't know what to think about it, except to say that if diluting the OSGeo brand helps promote free geospatial software, then it was a good idea. If not, it was not. I will assume that this was thought through and a decision made accordingly.

An _open source geospatial_ conference, regardless of the foundation name, sounds like a good thing, I would think. Who is "FOSS"? Do I send them money to help keep FOSS going? etc.

Gary