[Board] Voting charter members and Election of the Board of Directors

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed Feb 14 05:45:45 PST 2007

Hi All,
what are the plans on voting the new board of directors? I have been contacted off list by some but think that we should discuss this more openly here if not even on discuss.

Oh, I can see that nomination starts March 2nd, so we should better prepare:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Proposed_Board_Election_Procedure

(just joking to make us a little nervous, this is actually the link from last year...)

>From an email by Chris (see attached) I extracted this as a clarification to an earlier mail:

"My thought is that this round is voting members only, since that's the way I sent the email, future rounds will be open to all members."

How clear are we about this process now?
Who is going to vote?
Are we going to extend charter membership? (so far we needed charter members only to )

Best regards,
Arnulf.