[Board] Questions about "Local Chapter Sponsor"

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Jan 18 05:35:10 PST 2007

Please read below

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>>> I think that it is better to add a new category
>>> "Local Chapter Sponsors" in
>>> http://www.osgeo.org/content/sponsorship/sponsorship.html
>>> based on the feedback to this mail and summary below
>>> and help clarify things to people who would like
>>> to sponsor local OSGeo chapter activities.

> I misread your above point the first time, and thought you were asking
> to have local sponsors listed on the osgeo sponsor page.  There is a
> page on the web site where we try to list all sponsorship opportunities
> related to OSGeo and I think it would be a great idea to offer links to
> local chapter sponsorship opportunities from there too as long as local
> chapters have established some sort of organized program.  This page is at:
>
>   http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship/opportunities
>
> Currently it is hard to find, but I believe Tyler is going to make it more
> prominent.

I think we can even think of a special sponsorship category "Local
Chapter Sponsor". Maybe the local chapter returns a part of the
sponsorship to OSGeo (20%, 15%, 25% or whatever). The special
sponsorship category can me included in
http://www.osgeo.org/content/sponsorship/sponsorship.html

and displayed at
http://www.osgeo.org/content/sponsorship/sponsors.html

What is going to happen to local chapter domain names

china.osgeo.org
india.osgeo.org
japan.osgeo.org

Maybe logos of "Local Chapter Sponsors" can be displayed
more prominently in the local chapter pages and
a bit less prominent mention in the OSGeo page too

At the end of the day, the more local chapters flourish the
more OSGeo will flourish, I believe.

Regards

Venka