[Board] Questions about "Local Chapter Sponsor"

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 16 08:47:02 PST 2007

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> This is a good idea. Perhaps we should have a statement indicating for
> those interested in supporting local OSGeo Chapters to contact these
> chapters directly.

Venka,

I misread your above point the first time, and thought you were asking
to have local sponsors listed on the osgeo sponsor page.  There is a
page on the web site where we try to list all sponsorship opportunities
related to OSGeo and I think it would be a great idea to offer links to
local chapter sponsorship opportunities from there too as long as local
chapters have established some sort of organized program.  This page is at:

   http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship/opportunities

Currently it is hard to find, but I believe Tyler is going to make it more
prominent.