[Board] Questions about "Local Chapter Sponsor"

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 07:29:51 PST 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Dear Board,
>>
>> Sorry that I won't be able to the board meeting today.
>> Have an early morning flight to catch tomorrow to
>> attend the Map World Forum where OSGeo will have a
>> big presence.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Venka
>
> Hi,
> I wanted to put "Local Chapters" and "Sponsoring" as topics to the board
> meeting but Venka not being there this does not make much sense. I feel
> like we need a lot more discussion on that topic.

Arnulf,

Note that I encourage you and all other interested parties to take it up
on the fundraising committee list.  I feel it would be wrong for us to
substantially rewrite fundraising policy without the fundraising committees
involvement (though it is mostly board) and that it is imperitive to
get several local chapter representatives involved to ensure we don't meet
the needs of only one chapter.