[Board] OSGeo India

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Wed Jan 24 11:48:11 PST 2007

I met with these folks while in India a few days ago. Nice bunch. Good
demos, lots of OSGeo logos around.... I couldn't find Venka though.

I met with a federal minister (think cabinet for the President here in
the US) in a rather formal meeting in which we discussed, amongo other
things, the use of open source. He brightened up considerably when I
talked about our work with OSGeo, and directed his team to look into the
details of what we talked about, for the first time in that meeting. I
guess it was the only thing I said that interested him. Fine with me. He
was a good gentleman and I hope for good things there.

Gary