[Board] OSGeo India

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Jan 25 18:37:10 PST 2007

Hi Gary and Board,

Gary Lang wrote:
> I met with these folks while in India a few days ago. Nice bunch. Good
> demos, lots of OSGeo logos around.... I couldn't find Venka though.

Gary, sorry that we could not catch-up with each other on 22nd of Jan
2006 at MWF. The timing of you visit to the OSGeo booth and your
subsequent keynote clashed with my meeting with a big Geospatial
solution provider who are seriously considering the Open Source
alternative.

OSGeo promotions at MWF were a great success much beyond the
expectations of the organizers and also the local chapter members
at the forum. Apart from local OSGeo folks, OSGeo representatives
from China, Japan and Vietnam were also present.
I will send in a report in a few days time.

Regards

Venka