[Board] Board Meeting, May 18th

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 16 13:34:16 PDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> On 9-May-07, at 12:52 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I have tentatively booked a board meeting for May 18th.  The working
>> agenda
>> is at:
>
>> Tyler / Gary / Laura - I'd really appreciate a financial report that is
>> approved by the Treasurer for this meeting.  My recollection is that the
>> reports we have received so far from Tyler have not really been vetted or
>> approved by the Treasurer and I think we need to get to that point.
>
> I am available, having just returned from Brazil.  I was pretty much
> offline the whole time, unfortunately.
>
> I won't be able to have financials together by then.  Are there
> particular questions or areas you would like some rough numbers on Frank?

Tyler,

There is no specific requirement.  I'd suggest we defer this item for
the following meeting.  I'd rather try and do it right rather than do it
in a hurry.

> Perhaps we can start by setting a schedule for how often reports are
> needed, instead of only producing them on request, then at least we have
> something to plan ahead for.  For example, would a quarterly formal
> statement be reasonable, with rougher interim statements every 6 weeks?
> How close do you want to be tracking this as a board/treasurer?

Honestly, I feel like I'm still waiting for the first formal statement!
Everything so far seems to have been provisional, not reviewed by the
Treasurer, etc.  Perhaps I'm taking this wrong.

I would think quarterly formal statements would be appropriate.  Informal
updates on expenditures and income might be desirable but does not seem
critical to me.