[Board] Project Donations

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 22 11:56:52 PST 2007

Tyler,

Why do you think it would be inappropriate to collect the 25% fee for
any size of donation to projects? It's in all projects interest that
OSGeo have sufficient funding to keep infrastructure in place, help
with promotion, linkage to local chapters, and all the other
functions that OSGeo performs. If these things are not of value to a
project -- they wouldn't have become OSGeo projects in the first
place. Even having the legal entity in place as a mechanism for
people to donate to the projects is an important service of value to
projects.

It seems to me that this is reasonable given the time and
infrastructure to put these mechanisms in place and maintain them on
an ongoing basis.

Dave