[Board] FOSS4G 2009 RFP

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 24 16:14:59 PDT 2007

Board members,

The FOSS4G 2009 conference RFP is to be issued soon - before we have
our discussion on profit targets for the conference.

In the absence of specific guidance from the board on how to express
the profit objective, the RFP includes the text "Does the conservative
budget estimate result in a reasonable profit." in the evaluation criteria.

The full draft RFP is at:

http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2009/osgeo-conference-2009-request-for-proposal.pdf

I have already commented on the fact that the profit issue isn't
addressed in the "Support by OSGeo" section.  If anyone objects to this
RFP being issued as it stands (with the support-by-osgeo section fixed up)
should let Jeff McKenna (and I) know.

I believe he hopes to issue the RFP some time on the 25th.