[Board] Fundraising Committee

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Sep 5 10:35:40 PDT 2007

Frank,

I think asking for money is inextricably bound to "what do I get for
my money" and cuts to the heart of what OSGeo is going to try and
make of itself, so putting this to the Victoria meeting makes a lot
of sense.  The Fundraising folks were, at core, asked to go out and
sell OSGeo, and OSGeo has not really made a clear case for what its
product is yet, so let no aspersions be cast on FunCom.  In the one
case where a product was actually clearly defined (your project
sponsorship for GDAL) things worked pretty well.

P.