[Board] Fundraising Committee

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 5 10:19:40 PDT 2007

Dear Board,

I have been contemplating the inactivity of the Fundraising Committee.  As I
have noted before, I would like to step down as chair and I am increasingly
wondering if it makes sense for this to exist as a committee.  In particular
as long as it exists in it's current form I sense that those not involved
in the committee feel absolved of worrying about fundraising.

Having successfully defined a sponsorship program, I wonder if it might not
be best to dissolve the fundraising committee as a distinct committee.

If not, then I still think it is critical that we get some new blood, and a
new chair to get things moving.

I haven't put this on Friday's Agenda, as I think there is enough already.
Instead I would propose that it be addressed at the board meeting in Victoria.