[Board] Francophone Local Chapter formation proposition

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 19 11:58:24 PDT 2007

Yves Jacolin wrote:
> Hi Board Team,
>
> I am pleased to send you the formal proposition [1] for the creation of the
> Francophone Local Chapter.
>
> If you have any question, precision to ask, we (Vincent Picavet and I) will be
> present to the Board meeting from 4 pm.

Yves,

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you and Vincent at 4pm on Sunday.
 From a quick review of the proposal everything seems to be in order and
I don't forsee a problem.

If any board members who won't be in Victoria have questions or concerns please
raise them here by email in advance as I would like to officially approve the
chapter (barring issues) in Victoria on Sunday.

On this point, it is not my intention to finalize many decisions in the
Victoria meeting since some directors will be unable to attend.  So far it
looks like this, and perhaps designation of a Treasurer would be the two
formal board motions I would expect to make and pass in Victoria.  The rest
would presumably be discussion, consensus building and for specific programs
we would come back to the whole board with proposal.

If anyone has concerns about this approach please let me know.