[Board] Board Meeting Friday?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 2 08:47:17 PDT 2008

On 2-Apr-08, at 7:35 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I am interested in authorizing and setting a timetable for this years
> elections at this meeting.

Sounds fine - if you have some ideas for this already, perhaps we can
discuss it ahead of time via email.  My head isn't quite in that
space yet and I'm open to any help in getting the topic rolling.

> I would add that while I'm interested in standing
> for board elections, I would like to turn over the President role
> (assuming
> I'm re-elected) to bring some fresh blood to the role.  Mostly it has
> involved chairing the board meetings, though someone new might grow
> the
> role somewhat.

On a similar note, I need to refresh my memory about past decisions
re: terms for board members.  Did we set any maximum term lengths,
etc.  or did we leave it open to perpetual members if they are
continually re-elected?  I can't recall and will need to dig into
this when I get the annual report off my desk - anyone else remember?

Tyler