[Board] Board Meeting Friday?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 2 09:04:57 PDT 2008

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> On 2-Apr-08, at 7:35 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> I am interested in authorizing and setting a timetable for this years
>> elections at this meeting.
>
> Sounds fine - if you have some ideas for this already, perhaps we can
> discuss it ahead of time via email.  My head isn't quite in that space
> yet and I'm open to any help in getting the topic rolling.

Tyler,

Well, I'd like to get the elections going as soon as it is practical
for you, though presumably after issuing the 2007 annual report.

I'd like to say something like:

1) Tyler Mitchell is designated Chief Returning Officer for the 2008
charter member and board elections.

2) The charter member election should be completed by June 1st, and
the board elections by July 15th.

>> I would add that while I'm interested in standing
>> for board elections, I would like to turn over the President role
>> (assuming
>> I'm re-elected) to bring some fresh blood to the role.  Mostly it has
>> involved chairing the board meetings, though someone new might grow the
>> role somewhat.
>
> On a similar note, I need to refresh my memory about past decisions re:
> terms for board members.  Did we set any maximum term lengths, etc.  or
> did we leave it open to perpetual members if they are continually
> re-elected?  I can't recall and will need to dig into this when I get
> the annual report off my desk - anyone else remember?

I'm unaware of any term limits on board members.  As far as I know,
board members are elected for two years, but can continue to be
re-elected over and over given sufficient support from the membership.