New project sponsorship - was Re: [Board] Project Sponsors for Incubating Projects

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 8 01:11:15 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>  I have taken the liberty of adding this to the Project Sponsorship program
>  page:
>
>  ''As an unofficial addendum, it is required that projects either have
> completed incubation or receive a special exemption from the OSGeo board
> before entering the sponsorship program.''

This is a good, reasonable change.

While we are at it: do we have guidelines how to set up a new
sponsorship program? I want to launch one for GRASS now given
that we no longer use the IRST server as primary infrastructure.

I see
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Sponsorship
but that doesn't address our needs. We want to collect small
money donations first which aren't under level regulations.
Think "donate button".

?

Markus