[Board] Project Sponsors for Incubating Projects

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Mon Apr 7 08:39:53 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Well, fooey on you Arnulf :)

"fooey" does not translate for me:
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=on&search=fooey&relink=on

Phonetically the German term would be "Pfui" which does translate:
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=on&search=Pfui&relink=on

I especially like the last entry:
Außen hui, innen pfui. ~= All show and no substance

Which is exactly the impression that we not want to be associated with our Incubator.

> I'll just have to complete Incubation,
> shouldn't take long.

Excellent, thats the trick.

> The dollars aren't really time sensitive, I just
> want to start milking all these wonderful corporate PSC members as
> soon as possible (Bob, you didn't read that).
>
> P.

Do that. You have my full support in bringing the commercial bit back into the fun of coding. But as suggested, I think you can go for it anyway as there is precedence and nobody motioning to change that.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

PS:
I hope that your cleverelephant.ca address is subscribed to this list. Well, if not you wont even know. :-)