[Board] Fwd: OSGeo patronage and letter of support for the CASCADOSS Project

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 9 12:46:21 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>
> > Does the board agree to provide a support letter? I can prepare a letter
> of support for this initiative, but wondered if someone else who is "closer"
> to them might want to.
> >

>  Tyler,
>
>  I was hoping a European director might take the lead on drafting the
>  letter of support, and then we could have a vote.  The discussion period
>  passed without objection on the discuss list as far as I know.
>
>  If no European directors are so motivated or have time then your doing
>  it would be great.

I assume that you mean me... was traveling last week (for OSGeo) and
too busy these days.

I am physically closer but I think that this is not the point.
Offlist I tried to learn more about CASCADOSS over the last days to
understand more since the relevant pages at http://www.cascadoss.eu
are yet TBD.

Of course I am supportive of a project in this area, just I want to get some
more insights (if possible).

Best regards
Markus