[Board] Board Meeting Friday

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 10 12:12:25 PST 2008

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> On 9-Jan-08, at 8:46 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> There are a number of documents that need to be reviewed in advance, so
>> please do so if at all possible.
>>
>> Chris - I was unable to download the draft contributor agreement for
>> geotools.  Perhaps the link is wrong?
>
> I fixed the link in the wiki, it should now lead you to the ODT doc at:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/download/attachments/9765352/010-GtCopyright-HJMversion_FINAL.odt
>

> I've attached a PDF version to this email in case that's easier for some
> to read in real-time.

Tyler / Chris,

Thanks, that was helpful. I have reviewed the agreement, and I don't
see any problems from the foundations perspective, though our previous
discussion was that we should get actual legal review.

To the extent that this would be used as a potential template for other
projects, I'm not sure I like having the stuff about patent assignment
included though I suppose that could be easily removed if some projects
were unhappy about it.