[Board] Fw: RE: [Spanish] Modificación en el Programa de Talleres, II Jornadas de SIG Libre en Girona

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Fri Jan 18 15:14:25 PST 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 01:50:00PM -0800, Gary Lang wrote:
> That's less exciting to talk about than "active bad faith" but I
> suspect - and I don't know because this is a big place - that
> Michael's more prosaic formulation is the most accurate.

Aw, I appreciate that Autodesk's right hand may not know what the left
is doing. At the same time I was *very* surprised by the nonchalant,
"we can't attend the workshop because we can't justify resources for
an event dedicated to Open Source software". Didn't this occur to
anyone at Autodesk when the MapGuide workshop was scheduled in the
first place?  Why leave it until people have signed up and paid to pull out?

I don't mean to be conspiracy theoretic, this may be a little local
difficulty over bad scheduling, but this - the handling of the
withdrawal rather than its happening - is inconsistent with the good
work and generous effort being done by other parts of Autodesk.
It does not help OSGeo at all to re-open grounds for cynicism.

Any bad PR incurred would be swept away by the adulation that opening
DWG would gain ADSK. It would be priceless. ;D

Apologies for OTT rhetoric,

jo