[Board] Funding Strategy & update...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 29 17:10:00 PST 2008

Dear Board,
I've been compiling all my thoughts and observations for a Funding
Strategy.   So far they are pre-alpha quality, but to help encourage
you about the process I thought I'd share the current (rough)
outline.  If you see some missing areas that you'd like addressed,
add it in and let's discuss it on this list.

I'm also referring directly to a good book called "Fundraising for
Nonprofit Groups" (Young et al).  One of their goals it to help you
get past the "talking about fundraising" into the "doing fundraising"
and I'm finding it motivating.

So, I just wanted you to know what I've been mostly focused on, since
I've been kind of quiet on a few others fronts (i.e. trying not to
take on much web and systems stuff).  I've also been updating a bunch
of the financial reports based on past finance meeting action items -
which I'll be posting to the committee soon.

Hope you're well,
Tyler

------
   1.  Introduction