[Board] Tracking contributions and contacts

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 29 11:58:44 PST 2008

Hi all,
As part of my fundraising and secretarial duties, I've been pushing
my Mac Address Book and spreadsheets to their limits for tracking
sponsors, voting members, board members, etc.  So I've started to use
some collaborative tools (http://civicrm.org/ - installed in Drupal)
on OSGeo's secondary server:

http://community.osgeo.net/

I called it "community" for if/when there may be interest in using it
as a sort of membership portal.  It is almost set up to receive
donations and allow people to sign up as members.  But for now, I've
imported all the voting members and sponsors - for internal use only
really.

If you have a few minutes and want to try it out - then you should be
able to log in with your OSGeo user id / LDAP account and then I can
give you access to view civicrm components.  The main thing right now
are the "contacts" list, their "groups" (voting member, sponsor) and
the "contributions" being tracked against specific contacts.

Tyler