[Board] D&O Insurance

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 30 08:51:42 PST 2008

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> and presumably us north americans aren't covered in the Italian court
> either.

Folks,

An obvious example of where this could get sticky is if an OSGeo activity,
such as FOSS4G, when badly outside of North America in which case we could
presumably be liable.  If it didn't dramatically increase the cost of the
insurance, I'd like to see this rider removed.  If we can't afford to have
it removed, I wonder how effective the insurance really is and whether we
are effectively descriminating against non-north american directors and
officers who would be putting themselves at greater personal risk.