[Board] Jo helping with elections process

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Tue May 13 15:19:02 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 03:03:50PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> should keep it simple.  Officially she needs to be voted as CRO by
> the Board, so could someone start a motion?  Jo, perhaps you can
> confirm you are still available/interested.

Yes, i am definitely still interested in helping. I estimated it would
take 5 weeks from opening nominations for charter members to the end
of the board vote - perhaps a little longer if there are a lot of
nominations to correlate or problems like high non-response rate.

Notes i took after thinking about this after the last board telecon:

[[
init: open nominations by email to discuss, announce, charters

during week: confirm with nominees (silence means no?)

1 week later: post summary of nominations to wiki + discuss
              open voting process for charters

1 week later: tally results, announce to discuss
              followup contact with missing charter members

1 week later: open board nominations by email to discuss, announce, charters

during week: confirm with nominees (silence means no?)

1 week later: post summary of nominations to wiki + discuss
              open voting process for charters

1 week later: board vote closes
]]

jo