[Board] Teach-in 2009

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Fri May 30 08:18:11 PDT 2008

Jeroen,

On 30-May-08, at 2:57 AM, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:

> (5) This is the real concern. I come to the proposal that the name
> is changed to not lock it down on being "the" OSGeo Teach In. Find
> another name :-) "Tech In - Learn the OSGeo stack" . It could use
> OSGeo logos at the event and communication channels, just like other
> events do. Paul and Jef become OSGeo sponsor (through their
> companies) and can at that point use the logos on their website(s),
> marketing materials and what not. The board will be supportive of
> the event and obviously not be bad-mouthing (I think that's bad
> practice anyway). Taking this approach, we have no hard time vetting
> it and have no hard time doing just the same for any other Teach In
> alike event that wants to use (and support) the OSGeo foundation.

Thank you for this comment - as I hadn't thought this through
previously. Something was bugging me in the back of my head -- and you
found it for me. :)

Framing this as "supported by OSGeo" and identifying this as a "Teach-
in for OSGeo Technologies" or similar terminology would provide the co-
branding visibility that I think both Jeff/Paul and OSGeo want --
without this being positioned as an OSGeo event.

Dave