[Board] Teach-in 2009

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri May 30 09:55:15 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Dave McIlhagga
<dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:

> Framing this as "supported by OSGeo" and identifying this as a "Teach-in for
> OSGeo Technologies" or similar terminology would provide the co-branding
> visibility that I think both Jeff/Paul and OSGeo want -- without this being
> positioned as an OSGeo event.

If that's how it goes, that's how it goes, but I think OSGeo is
missing out an opportunity by not grabbing the ownership of the event
by letting us promote an "OSGeo Teach-in". If it is successful, OSGeo
has the opportunity to flip the business relationship and start
providing teach-ins directly, hiring an organizer or using Tyler
instead of doing a profit share. It builds directly on the brand and
helps tie the software being taught to the OSGeo name.

Anyhow, since practically the only board member who is not going to be
recused is Arnulf and he's "no" on philosophical grounds, this
argument is pretty moot.  Jeff and I need to decide what we want to
do.

P.