[Board] Teach-in 2009

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Fri May 30 10:24:16 PDT 2008

I think supporting an activity and doing it are definitely different
-- and it's debatable whether running an event like this is what OSGeo
should be doing / how we do it. If OSGeo is "doing" the event, it also
needs to be taking organizational and financial responsibility. That's
always a possibility -- but one I think we should assess as an outcome
of the first Teach-in as a potential model for the future.
Unfortunately, "OSGeo Teach-in" is pretty hard to argue that it is
anything but an OSGeo activity.

As for supporting the event -- if it comes down to it, I'd be willing
to abstain from any potential corporate involvement for DM in any
teaching activities at Teach-in if that's what's required to get this
approved.

Dave