[Board] Teach-in 2009

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri May 30 10:29:14 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Dave McIlhagga
<dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> Unfortunately, "OSGeo
> Teach-in" is pretty hard to argue that it is anything but an OSGeo activity.

I don't understand the "unfortunately". I think it's a great OSGeo
activity, like FOSS4G, and will generate great buzz for the
foundation.

> As for supporting the event -- if it comes down to it, I'd be willing to
> abstain from any potential corporate involvement for DM in any teaching
> activities at Teach-in if that's what's required to get this approved.

I don't think that's an issue. We can do an unbranded event without
any Board approval, in my mind.

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth." Great saying.