[Board] Teach-in 2009

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri May 30 13:57:48 PDT 2008

On 30-May-08, at 1:44 PM, jo at frot.org wrote:

> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 03:11:00PM -0400, Mark Lucas wrote:
>> Some of the leading board members have recused themselves because
>> they
>> want to participate.  I admire their integrity, but unfortunately
>> this
>> is taking a bad turn because we have too many OSGeo people
>> involved in
>> the proposed activity (hmmm).
>
> In this case, policy trumps integrity, it's not voluntary:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conflict_Of_Interest_Policy

One other way to look at it is that regardless of whether this
becomes an "OSGeo Teach-In" or not, the event will go on and likely
with the same people involved.  Voting would be about whether it's
tied to OSGeo or not and I don't see how that puts anyone in a
conflict.  It's not like if this becomes an OSGeo event suddenly
those helping teach will get more cash.  Am I missing something?

Tyler